Monday, June 28, 2010

Ssh..Secret UK Lifer

The pictures below won't mean much to your average person..just a small blurry brown job.





Birders may appreciate 'the Gropper', though. I ran back to the spot where I'd heard one reeling yesterday adjacent to the canal in Appley Bridge. I heard the reel straight away, but the notoriously elusive bird led me a merry dance for quite a while. It took about an hour of nettle stings and trench foot before I picked this skulker out in a little bit of shrub only ten yards away.

There were plenty of other birds to keep me occupied. A couple of Sedge Warbler parents were taking food to a nest, and there were recently fledged Chiffchaffs, Willow Warblers and Whitethroats. It's big words, but this could be one of the best Warbler spots in Lancashire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org