Monday, January 3, 2011

The Winter of Waxwings

The Waxwing invasion this winter has been enormous, with birds being reported from all four corners of the UK, and from further afield.

I knew a few groups had been spotted around Huntingdon in recent days, so when off food shopping in Tesco, I ensured my camera was close to hand.

Just as I left the shop, groceries in hand, a flock of 20 jangled down, heading for a dwindling supply of red berries on one of the car park's ornamental trees. I quickly dropped my food shopping and whipped out the camera to fire off a few shots of these beauties. Unfortunately, the results weren't great. As soon as they'd flown in and smashed down a few berries, they were off again...

Here is Waxy O'Connor...



No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org