Friday, April 1, 2011

Tree of Plenty - Los Sabinos, Tequisquiapan

Whilst spending some time in my Spanish Teacher's garden, which is located in Los Sabinos Tequisquiapan, I enjoyed some of the best birding I've had yet in the area.

White-collared Seedeater, Los Sabinos TX

One tree in particular (I'll get back with the species) was in flower and held an enormous number of birds...

In just 40 minutes watching I had recorded the following species feeding in it:

Starling
Indigo Bunting
Golden-cheeked Woodpecker
White-collared Seedeater
House Finch
Bewick's Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Audubon's Warbler
Black-throated Gray Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Lesser Goldfinch
Broad-billed Hummingbird

The Warblers in bold are birds I have seen in other parts of Mexico, but never in the Tequisquiapan area. They're pictured below. It might be that I have just by chance discovered an excellent birding spot (Los Sabinos is lush and has a lot of trees). However, having not seen these species before in Tequis, there is a fair chance that they are migrant birds..


Black-throated Gray Warbler, Tequisquiapan


Nashville Warbler, Tequisquiapan


Indigo Bunting, Tequisquiapan

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org