Monday, September 13, 2010

The Butcher Bird

Had a short evening stroll from my place just now. I picked up a handy 20 species. A month ago, 15 would have been tough to recognise lifers for me, but it's nice now to be able to roll them off as they chirp away or fly by.

A pair of Spotted Sandpiper patrolled the edges of this marsh,whilst the odd American Coot danced through the reeds.
As dusk approached, the trio of Egrets took to the sky and bombed towards the roost in Parque de Pila. Cattle mainly, but Snowy and Great were also there in reasonable numbers. I also picked up the trio of Doves; Inca, Mourning and White-winged.


Though they're common birds round these parts, you won't find me complaining about good views of Flycatchers, Kingbirds and Cactus Wrens. Nor of Hirundo rustica for that matter.


And who can argue with having the Butcher Bird perched up on your aerial


No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org