Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gardens of El Museo de Magi del Pasado, Queretaro

A school trip took me into the centre of Queretaro yesterday, and whilst the kids took the tour of the Museum, I took twenty minutes to explore the gorgeous surrounding gardens. Without bins, I thought I´d be struggling to pick much up, but a bit of tactical pishing brought me close views of some quality species.

Firstly, a Goldcrest like bird flitted around a conifer. As it came to the edge of the tree, the white wing bar and plain face confirmed it as a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Bonus! Nearby, a female Summer Tanager flicked through the upper levels of canopy, and then a gorgeous yellow warbler with black cap and bright supercilium alighted on a nearby branch. Wilson´s Warbler. Three lifers in the space of a few minutes.

There were plenty of other birds around, including Grackles, American Robin, Yellow rumped Warblers, Cassin´s Kingbirds, Vermillion Flycatchers and Golden-fronted Woodpeckers. There were certainly things I didn´t pick up as well. A more leisurely visit back here with optics would surely yield more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org