Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Magia del Pasado, Queretaro


I returned to the Magia del Pasado gardens in Queretaro late on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, the place was slightly busier, and consequently the birds were not as showy. There was still plenty on offer, though. This Broad-billed Hummer finally stayed still for me.



In the conifers, I was quickly in to a few Ruby-crowned Kinglets. Yellow-rumped Warblers were everywhere. I must have counted around 30 across the park. An elusive little blighter high in the canopy was less easy to identify, but I eventually got good enough views to confirm that it was a Nashville Warbler. This Wilson's Warbler was a little more amenable.


By the water fountain, a Summer Tanager and an Oriole took a quick drink with some House Sparrows. Unfortunately, the Oriole took off before I could get proper views of it through the bins. I was luckier later on when a House Wren dashed around the bushes.

Birding in these lush gardens makes a pleasant change from the semi-desert of Tequisquiapan. Off to Puerto Vallarta on Sunday night. It should be an amazing birding experience - jungle, mangroves, coast, mountains, you name it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org