Friday, April 1, 2011

Final Post (Part 5) and homeward bound - BRING ON 2013 brother's tour.

Some of Israel's commoner birds are quite fantastic. I have a personal preference for the male Spanish Sparrow he's probably my favourite spadge.


Little Green Bee Eater's are awesome - this chap posed in the fading light - one of my favourite shots from the trip.


Some early breeding Bulbuls had raised this rancid little character!


Resident Great Spotted Eagle overhead high but distinctive. A few pairs breed around the outskirts of the town.


An evening Western Reef Egret on the beach market a great Western Pal tick for me. 


A Green Sandpiper zipped past - more wader migration going down than you could shake a stick at.


Crested Lark


And final birding of the week - a male and female Little Crake right at dusk (apologies for the quality but it was pretty dark and no tripod!). This cost me a few mosquito bites as I hunkered down surrounded by Sedge and Savi's Warblers in the sewage ponds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org