Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring List Additions

Yesterday marked a nice turning point in Central London with the full arrival of Spring expanding my lists incrementally.

The highlight of my cycle down the Thames was a Wheatear by the Wandsworth Waste Recycling centre - great to add this species so close to my postcode.

The river is now overrun with singing male Blackcap and the Grey Wagtail pair are back at their usual spot.

An afternoon beer on the balcony yielded a Francis Bentley mews first of a Swallow passing overhead. This was closely followed by an unidentified bird, probably some kind of wader on passage, with my money on Avocet but this was so unusual and without the binos remains unconfirmed.

A pair of Collared Dove have also taken up residence just over the wall and appear to have a nest. Collared Dove is not a common bird around Clapham and these were my first in SW4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org