Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cetti

Had a bash around Fishlake Meadows at dusk this evening. There were more singing Cetti's and Reed Warblers than you could shake a stick at. Fair play given the cold winter. I had at least a dozen singing Cetti's. This is the best site I know for a bird which is gradually creeping northwards.

Plenty of Cuckoo activity to. Not surprising given the big supply of Reed Warbler nests to parasitise. These weren't the target species, though.



Neither was this gang of drake Mallards.

Or this 'some kind of goat'.



It was the gropper I was after. Fishlake offers perfect habitat for this skulker, but on this occasion, I didn't manage to catch sight nor sound of it. There's a few other places I might try locally. Birding would be too easy if you always saw what you were after anyway.

I had a hobby fly over in the dying light to end a pleasant evening walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org