Thursday, May 13, 2010

A right lark

One of the best things about living in the New Forest is the drive to and from work. I see excellent birds everyday, but the addition of a couple of Woodlarks to my 'drive home from work list' was an absolute Brucey Bonus.

Not a great picture, but shows the benefit of keeping bins and camera fairly handy in the car. I saw these birds feeding roadside near Pipers Wait, Nomansland. I stopped and checked them out through the back window before pulling off the classic birders reverse and snap. Also a couple of Mistle Thrushes thrown in for good measure.
3 singing Redstarts in Bramshaw Wood this evening, as well as the regular Yaffles, Great Spots, Blackcaps, Chiffchaffs and Willow Warblers Hopefully, the weather will hold for this weekend so I can get out and about properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BUBO Listing www.bubo.org